Fundamental Supplementation- Fight Physical/Mental Age Related Decline!
A bold post title, I know, but there are tools beyond the basics of eating a good diet and getting exercise to help you fight the inevitable age-related decline we all will experience. Everyone is different in regards to their "biological age", some folks naturally maintain sharpness and vigor into advanced years, others of us can sense the lack of energy and loss of mental edge at an early age.
I'd like to put forth my suggestion of proven effective supplements that support healthy aging, and could help fight off, prophylactically protect if you will, against more serious health risks that some of us may be genetically predisposed to. Read between the lines so that I don't have to risk FDA "structure/function" claim intervention :-) Because my hands are tied, you will have to Google or use Examine.com to research specific health benefits.
Listed below are supplements I personally use on a daily basis. The results I find are obvious and readily apparent. Effective doses and dosage forms are critical as are purity, and the good news is you don't have to break the bank to put into place a regular smart-supplementation regimen!
My 10 Most Important List in no particular order. Ideally you'll use all of them:
1. ALCAR Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Support NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) levels.
2. NaRALA Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid. Support Synaptogenisis and in combination with ALCAR- natural energy release.
3. Curcumin (curcuwin). Natural phenol, block A-beta ogligomerization, anti-inflammatory, one other critical benefit I can't put in writing.
4. EgCG. Natural phenol, energy release, block A-beta ogligomerization, anti-inflammatory, one other critical benefit I can't put in writing.
5. Alpha-GPC. Phospholipid/"brain food", support endogenous HGH release.
6. Carnosine Eye Drops. 1% N-acetyl-l-carnosine drops are great for tired/morning eyes and may offer support for a specific eye condition.
7. Hydroxocobalamin B12. Supports healthy homocysteine levels, natural energy.
8. Lion's Mane (hericium). Supports NGF levels.
9. Lithium Orotate. Support against tau phosphorylation and inhibition of neurode generation. Support for healthy mood.
10. Vitamin k2 MK4. Bone and cognitive support.
11. Bacopa high-potency extract. Anti-oxidant, reduction of divalent metals, mood support.